A good teacher is started from a good lesson plan. Why good teachers plan their work?
1. It makes life much easier for you in the classroom
2. It saves time.
- You can adapt the plan for future use.
- You get quicker at preparing work with experience.
- You become aware of how much time activities take.
- It’s such quicker to check at the end of a lesson what actually happened
3. You can more easily see how to balance your lesson.
4. You know what you will need for each lesson.
5. It gives you security and confidence which is passed on to the pupils.
6. It allows you to use more of your energy and enthusiasm to enjoy what you
are doing instead of worrying about what to do next , or looking at the next
page of the book.
7. You can sometimes sit back and observe what is going on instead of planning
the next activity in your head
8. As pupils get older, they become more aware of how well prepared the
lesson are, and they like to have well prepared lesson
Teaching English to Children – Wendy A. Scott